This interactive presentation focuses on the exciting evolution of IoT (Internet of Things)! It is easy to see how rapidly technology has evolved in the past 25 years. This presentation is focused on the relatively recent paradigm shift and evolvement of the Internet of Things and analyzes its impact on Quality Assurance and the testing landscape including its roles, processes, methodologies, software testing solutions, and strategies. Just as our “processes” of long-distance travel changed when we went from traveling primarily by train and ship to airplane so will our processes (continue to) change as IT evolves. How will we test? Where, or does, automation fit in? Will our test planning evolve? What new skills will be required? And how must we change now in order to be ready for what lies ahead?
The audience will learn:
• The technical definition of IoT and what has caused its evolution
• Definition of an IoT “smart” device
• How testing – its roles, processes and strategies – must change now to be ready for tomorrow
• Testing “in the wild” and why it’s important
• The roles of test planning and test automation